Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

Got a NEC 17inch monitor when powered up,stays on for about a second and quits. The screen looks normal for that second. I suppose it could be the inverter board,but I don't want to spend the $75. if it is something else. Anybody had this problem with this model ? NEC 1700V LCD. Thanks, Dick

Reply to
Dick

- - -- - - - - - - - --

Yea.... I had one, same model, it was a bad inverter board.

Reply to
Sofie

Check smd-fuses on the inverter-board!

Matti

Reply to
Matti

Reply to
Dick

Yes, it will if only one of them is bad. I've fixed several of these with that fault. If the fuses are OK, and it has a valid video signal yet still blanks out, then the inverter is bad.

A pity. Did you price an inverter first?

Reply to
JW

or

Homer J Simpson

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:12:04 GMT, "Dick" put finger to keyboard and composed:

First change the electrolytic capacitors. It could be a cheap fix.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Um, forgot to mention that it could be one or more of the tubes as well.

Reply to
JW