Name That Remote

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:48:48 -0700 (PDT), Ron put finger to keyboard and composed:

So it wasn't a universal remote in the ordinary sense.

Here is the answer to your "code set" question:

  1. CODE SET Button - Used to register the 2-digit codes to operate your VCR or Cable/Satellite box. Press this button and the VCR button or the CABLE button simultaneously to start a registration (See instructions page 7).

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar wrote (in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com):

Nice find. So it is technically a universal for VCRs and cable boxes, but looks like it can only control the TV it ships with.

--
Alec S.
news/alec->synetech/cjb/net

..

Thanks!

I did a few searches but couldn't find the manual.

Looks like you can't use it with a different TV, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Reply to
Ron