Schematic for RCA Plasma PHD50500...

Looking for a never-published schematic for an RCA PHD50500. It has trouble on the main power supply, part number 261670. The board is not available, and apparently NEVER was?? What has this world come to? A High Definition 50-inch THROW-AWAY PLASMA TV? Yep, apparently. The factory warranty on this model was for a 1 year P/L "exchange" - never intended to be repairable, even under warranty! Factory service literature does not include a component level schematic, which is what I am looking for to be able to repair the original module. This model was made for RCA by Pioneer. I have a Pioneer number for the supply board as well (not with me at time of writing this), but same story with them - Not available as a module, and no component level schematic diagram! ARGGHHH.

Reply to
Haywire1

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:09:36 -0400, "Haywire1" put finger to keyboard and composed:

It sounds to me like your consumer protection laws are lacking. Here in Australia we would make the manufacturer replace the TV under a statutory warranty. The 1 year voluntary warranty would be deemed inadequate, and any TV that didn't last a reasonable number of years would be deemed of unmerchantable quality.

Having said that, your only other option is to follow standard troubleshooting techniques. You may be lucky and the datasheets for the various ICs may have application circuits which closely match your PSU. Otherwise if you upload a photo to your web space, someone may recognise your module.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar