Sony STR-DE515 Receiver remote control

I hope this is the right place to post my question. Where can I get a replacement remote control for my receiver? I have a Sony STR-DE515. Ebay doesn't list one yet. I want a remote without having to pay a lot of money for it.

thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dawley

JR North

Yep.

A Google search shows no web site hits, but one of the ads leads to a site that claims to have the Sony remote (RM-DX53 147520821) for your set for $58. Another vendor offers two other remotes for this set: RM-U301 147513611 at $46 and RM-P301 147513711 at $143. If you still have the owner's manual, the remote model number or part number should be in there. You might also be able to download a manual from Sony.

If those are too expensive, I have had good luck with a "One For All" remote control. The one I bought can operate up to 6 devices and cost about $25; they have ones that run fewer devices for less money. I have been able to get it to work with a Pioneer receiver, Emerson and Sanyo TVs, a Toshiba VCR, a General Instruments cable box, etc. This was after having not such good luck with an RCA universal remote control.

If the remote is just broken and not missing, some of the online vendors offer a repair service, or you might get adventurous and take it apart and look for broken wires or broken battery contacts, etc.

Er, nobody has listed one at Ebay yet. Ebay doesn't list things by itself.

Get a long dowel rod and use it to push the buttons from your easy chair?

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Chris Dawley: You can call

1-800-REMOTES Fully functional "factory" remotes for less? electricitym

Chris Dawley wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

A Sony brand universal remote that will operate your set is probably less than 20.00 at the nearest Target store. Wouldn't even need to program the thing - it would wake up with Sony's default codes the first time batteries are installed.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias