Help with a mystery connector

Does anyone know what connector this is? It is on the side of a dollar bill acceptor and mates with a like pair when the unit is slid into place. The company is LONG out of business and I can't see any markings molded into the plastic. Considering the compliance testing the unit had to under go, I doubt it was a custom connector.

Any ideas?

Reply to
WangoTango

Looks very similar to the 3M CHG-1006-001010KCP or the CHG-1006-001010KEP;uses separate crimp connectors. The "DBAConnSide", however...look first thru a comprehensive 3M catalog and then an AMP.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I will, thanks. I've looked at every picture for various incarnations of "wafer connector" and didn't see anything close, BUT it looks so damn familiar.

Reply to
WangoTango

pair

business

the

Yea. The contacts seem to be on 0.156 inch centers, the same pitch as

22/44 contact card edge connectors.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Yep, but the 3M connectors aren't even close. These things are like card edge connectors cut in half lengthwise, and the finger surface is the connection. They just slide over one another, like a drawer plug. They have alignment pins to make sure they line up perfectly and so on. This is the ONLY oddball connector in the entire machine.

Reply to
WangoTango

pair

siness

ng the

om

p.jpg

t.jpg

3M

r.

Who made the other connnectors?

Who made the appliance?

Likely there is some retiree with nothing better to do than sit in front of his computer and google his old employer from time to time. He may even have a google alert set. People with time on their hands and a willingness to help.

Reply to
spamtrap1888