My OLD Sony wont start up..

Thanks to this group, five years before i fixed my degaussing THD 601 problem.

Now the situations is this: same TV.. there is a relay.. behind this THD 601.. which is activated..but not the signal/magnetic power is not so strong enough..that it will turn the TV on.. and instead, it keeps making cluttring noise.. but TV wont start.. I have opened up the cover for that relay.. and I use plastic knife and push tht vibrating relay switch..and TV gets on. Also this happens only when TV is off and cold.. if I run TV for 30 mins and turn it off.. and turn back on while its still hot, it sure turns ON.. but not when it is off.

So what should I change? Relay? or THD is defective? I resoldered THD and still same.. I cleaned Relay contacts with rubbing alcohol, no change...

Need more information.. let me know and I will post it later..

TIA for all those who helps..

:)

Reply to
Proton

Is the coil voltage what it should be? Don't forget that the transistor switch on the coil circuit can cause problems as well. You could always pull the relay out of the pcb and test it with an external supply to verify the coil good. If it is, you need to look to whatever circuitry is responsible for firing the coil.

Reply to
boardjunkie