Transformer replacement

In my Iiyama MT9017 monitor, a transformer (choke coil) in horizontal output circuit is short, that died the HOT. As I cannot found a replacement part (321Z005A20) on the web, i will try to rebuilt this transformer. Is it a good idea to isolate each layer of ring in this transformer with Teflon tape ( pulse voltage 900V) ?

Thanks

Reply to
OGT

Is it better to use Teflon tape, standard adhesive tape, or varnish ? Thanks

Reply to
OGT

Teflon does not have good mechanical stability, it drifts. I can't tell what the coil looks like, but something like mylar sheeting will separate wires if it does not get too hot. Scotch tape will do. Fish paper.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Thank, I will try scotch tape.