questions on sharp tv

hi, i was called by my grandmother to repair a 21" sharp tv. The problem was there was an intermittent sound. the tv reception and picture was fine. I inspected the PCB and resoldered many cold solder joints. Turn it on, but the problem was still there. So I prod the back and pcb and while gently pressing the back portion, the sound come back. Releasing it makes sound disappear again. So turned off the TV and examined the PCB. I found out loose solder joint on the jungle ic (X2701cen1). Resoldered it but when I turn it again, its always in the standby mode (led red). Its not turning on. the relay clicked and then clicked back. No high voltage at all. So I look for another technician to look for the problem which I made and he said that it was the jungle ic which is defective. I pointed out that it was the last thing I resoldered before it failed to turn on. Id like to hear from your suggestions to check further this set before i buy this ic. I think I fried the ic. can you give me some tip in soldering ic. I realized i became careless. Because the other technician told me that I should have discharged first the capacitor before poking on the ic because it was so sensitve. I knew many precautions, but I havent practiced it for a year already.sorry

thanks,

Ian B.

Reply to
yhan

you got time to type all that shit but you can't take 2 seconds to google your problem?

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn anything.

Why dont you ask yourself what you'd really like to do in life, if all the practical limits were removed... keep asking and several things should crop up, some of which you will be able to do.

Or you can continue being terminally bored - and bored people are terminally boring

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've forwarded your post to X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@google.com for posting off-topic spam. How is that for boring?

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote in news:1180464967.476245.128330 @p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I, too, replied to the Group Troll, before realizing what they were. Just do yourself a favor and plonk them.

--
http://www.pealefamily.net
Reply to

I'll plonk you too after I send a abuse notice to snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net and contact my attorney.

Calling somebody a troll is libel.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

Send one to mine, as well; Bellsouth.net (still, even after having merged with At&T).

I dare you....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I thought I'd give it the one chance, but like you say... its back to permaplonk.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You know what? I dont like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want friendly advise, not admonition.

Reply to
yhan

well, no significant information this time. Anyway, I found a lot of similar topic.And mind you, I google whenever I encounter problem in my repair jobs or even if I want to search for general things.

Reply to
yhan

Look for shorts on your soldering work. Sometimes it is easy to miss them because the short can be very thin and almost invisible. Scrap slighty between all pins to remove any unwanted solder.

Other than that, you should get the datasheet for that IC and perform the pr> hi, i was called by my grandmother to repair a 21" sharp tv. The

Reply to
Jeroni Paul