motor question

I have this nice little 115v 60HZ motor which is rated 1/75th hp

1800rpm. It has two part numbers. They are: PN 315-7239-PI or possibly the correct one is: M10R0000X09. It has 4 leads: black red white and blue. It requires a 3uf capacitor. The manufacturer is Eastern Air Devices in Dover NH. who says they no longer have any information on it. I need to use this in a project and have to try to figure out how to hook it up without blowing it up. Is there some way to try to determine a connection arrangement perhaps using an ohm meter without damaging this thing? Thanks for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics
Reply to
captainvideo462002

There will be two pairs of wires that show continuity. One is connected directly across the line. The other gets the capacitor in series. Swap the leads of that one to reverse direction.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Search for (permanent split phase capacitor motor)

Reply to
Homer J Simpson