Sony DVD model DVP-5530D need spindle motor

The motor number is: RF-320CH-12400 RN 44 9Z 18 D/V 13 Matt and some others have some motor listings but not this one. I actually took the motor apart as I have had some luck in resurfacing the commutators on some of these but this one has a broken brush. Can't really figure out a way to replace it. Fulton will not sell just the motor. They want 71.30 for the "optical assy". What a friggin ripoff! Does anyone have either a way to repair these motors or a REASONABLE replacement source? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

I have two Sony DVD players with the same problem, with the same bad part.

Check out this page, which lists some data about this part (or rather, a replacement for it) and some similar parts:

If you look at that page, it looks like the RF-310TA-11400 is very similar, but with a different shaft length (0.62" vs 0.37").

I found that motor for sale here:

The part on the fafa-motor site corresponds to Electronix's 26-110. Now, the 26-140 seems to be the same thing as the 26-110, but with a shaft length of 0.42". And the 26-160 weighs in at 0.35". And they're only $5.99 each!

Can anyone think of a reason one of these wouldn't work as a substitute, before I go out and buy a couple?

Ben

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Can't

Reply to
bushing

Success!

I bought two of the spindle motor below, the 26-140. I replaced the RF-320CH-12400 in my DVP-S330 and my DVP-NS715P with the 26-140 motor below. The only problem was that the spindle length was a bit too long

-- I think that the 26-160 would have worked perfectly without modification. I now have two working DVD players, with a cost of $17 including shipping.

I also took some pictures of the process -- email if interested.

Ben

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

rather,

they're

Reply to
Ben Byer

FYI i used the 26-160 motor on my DVP NS-300 and it works flawlessly

--
rbanke
Reply to