Plasma or LCD?

What's the latest poop on wide screen hdtv's? I heard Plasma's burn out fast. LCD's seem to cost more now than plasma. I think the opposite was true last year. I"m looking for about 42' to 48' widescreen.

--
The tobacco companies added ingrediants to make it more addicting to
increase consumption. The food companies would never do that, right? Right?

true

Assuming you mean 42" or 50" (I don't think there are any standard products at 48" diagonal), you are most likely going to be looking at a plasma set; LCDs larger than 37" are not yet very common (although they ARE starting to come onto the market). LCD remains more expensive than plasma in those ranges where they do compete, but the problem with "burn-in" on plasmas is greatly reduced on the latest models, to the point where I personally would not worry much about it.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Hi All! Do You know some about new generation display panels? Its based on array of small LEDs. I expect that it will have very good climatic parameters, brightness, contrast and low consumption relatively LCD with highlight lamps...

But LCD has many problems on low temperature weather :o(

Reply to
ILYA