Sound but no picture (black) on Mitsubishi WS-55805 RPHDTV

The picture was bright and clear and then all of a sudden went to black. I powered set down and back up and picture came back, but then went black again in a minute. Sound works fine, as well as channel changer, etc. However, it has no picture, no menus, etc. I have service manuals and schematics, but thought I'd look for some pointers before I dig into it and see if there are known problems with this set. Is the FBT the primary suspect? I see the FBT feeds the HV-BLOCK, which then sends the HV out to the three CRT anodes. Can this go bad and/or short out FBT, or is the FBT usually to blame? The FBT also supplies another board with the Focus HV, which then is sent to the three tubes. Can this be a suspect? Any other things I can look for and any ways of determining the problem? I see bad caps are a problem on the VS series, but not sure if they are on the WS models. Thanks!

Reply to
Bill B

Here some tips from repair world hope they help: they are kind of crunch up but I think you can read them. Top of Form 1 &&&&&&&&&Search the Database Category Manufacturer Bottom of Form 1

TELEVISION MITSUBISHI WS55805 NO CONVERGENCE REPLACED BOTH STK392-040 and 2 120 OHM RESISTORS. ALSO FOUND OPEN 5A PICO FUSE ON -24V LINE - LOCATED ON SWEEP BOARD!!! -DAVE NAHUM, YORK ELECTRONICS 8/2006 TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS55511 VS21 Won't turn on Unplug front keyboard and if set works with the remote, check S7L22 the enter switch and replace, also check for loose connections on LF plug. TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS-55857 Color and tint is off...Looks like a gold or bronze color Found that the pins on the jungle board were "ringed"..Board is located on the pwr/defl board..Resolder pins all ok... TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS-55511 Blue Convergence off- left and right side (red ok) replace R8C21&R8C22 (3.9 ohm 1 watt) IC8C00 STK393-110 Mits. part#267P155010 (use original) also check for bad solder conn. on socket VU, Rays TV TELEVISION MITSUBISHI WS-55313 SHUTDOWN AFTER HOT OR UNIT WONT TURN ON C5A64 (22uF/16v) IN HV REG CKT HAS HI-ESR rcb TELEVISION MITSUBISHI WS-55313 SHUTSDOWN REPL IHVT 334P281010 rcb TELEVISION MITSUBISHI WS-55313 when power up, screen goes bright red with retrace lines and shuts down. replace focas and screen control module #129P070A10 I USED #129P059050 and it worked good. J.D.W. TELEVISION Mitsubishi ws55807 sound no pictuce/ set in shut down shorted green tube TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS55511 Dead found open fuse on line to convergence module, 9A04, also replaced conv. module STK 393-110 JVP TELEVISION Mitsubishi ws-55311 dead set Lightning replace Volt reg IC STRF6428 Paul @ Greves TV TELEVISION Mitsubishi ws55311 front keyboard will not work after lightning. Press Menu, 2-2-7-0 select power restore :ON then exit. TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS55859 Has sound no pix 2HDW Board 935C966001 Ken TELEVISION MITSUBISHI WS55313 NO COLOR, INTERMITTENT COLOR REPLACE DOUBLER, OR RESOLDER IC'S ON DOUBLER TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS55313 No Video Check clock/data line to IC2K01. clock coming in bad. trace at connector JB showing high resistance. Remove line and add jumper lead. Also had to replace doubler board. Pix poor and digitized. TELEVISION SONY KP57WS550 Green color gets bright with retrace lines, tv shotts off ***Replaced CRT board p#A1405079A*** TELEVISION Mitshubishi WS55819 Dark Pix - might be intermittant ReplaceC9A65 (10uF/250V) TELEVISION Mitsubishi WS-55809 vertical bars replace 2hdw pwb part#

935c966002 TELEVISION mitsubshi WS55809 dead-lighting D9A54 leaky TELEVISION mitsubshi ws55311 no video has high voltage and audio no filament found bad solder connections on Q5a26 on power board TELEVISION Mitsubishi ws-55805 No Pix, No OSD blue tube leaking coolant on plug RS and IC 703, cleaned plug, and signal board, pulled tube, changed coolant, sealed tube .

Best regards

Reply to
Motorman