Mits. VS-4506R Lost vertical hold

This rear proj. TV has no vertical hold until about 5 minutes of warm up. Leave it off for

30 minutes and you have to wait 5 minutes again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
D-unit

High ESR caps in the vert section. Got a schematic?

Reply to
Meat Plow

No.

:(

db

Reply to
D-unit

These guys do for a $20 download

If you're lucky maybe someone will chime in and tell you where exactly to look, I can't.

However what I would do would be to figure out where the circuitry is, wait until the vertical syncs up and dribble some cooler a drop at a time on some of the caps while monitoring the screen. If you hit the right one the vert will fall out of sync immediately. It's a hit or miss proposition without a schematic and not something a tech doing this for a living would consider except for a last ditch effort.

Reply to
Meat Plow

This is how I've always found intermittent parts..

What would be a better (more pro) solution to tracking down the problem?

I would like to learn.

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
D-unit

Scope, signal generator, DVM and a service manual with waveform test points.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I will check tonight.

As a matter of fact it does have PIP. I just never use it.

Thanks, Don

Reply to
D-unit