Magnavox TV turns itself off, then back on

I have a Magnavox 13MT143S. There is another number on the back, E244239. The screen simply goes off without warning, as if it had been turned off, and then in a second or two it comes back, most of the time. Sometimes it just stays off. Any insights?

Reply to
BarryGoldwater

Yeah, call an exorcist.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

But seriously, folks... is this simply a TV that is about to kick the bucket, or is this something that can be repaired?

Reply to
BarryGoldwater

Anything can be repaired. It is the question of having the time, the service information, the level of servicing skills, and the budget.

Sometimes these types of faults are caused by cold solder connections on the circuit board, or a part that is simply intermittent.

Considering the age of the set, I would seriously think about retiring it.

--

JANA _____

But seriously, folks... is this simply a TV that is about to kick the bucket, or is this something that can be repaired?

Reply to
JANA

I bought the TV two years ago. Admittedly, it was inexpensive -- about $80, as I recall. But is two years the life expectancy of a cheap TV?

Reply to
BarryGoldwater