Magnavox TV shuts off

An elderly lady I know and her brother both bought Magnavox 20MT1331/17 television sets a short while back. Anyhow this of course happened after warranty, both TV's when turned on will immediately shut off. Her brother threw his TV away, but I told her I would look at her's. I can't find any open/shorted resistors, diodes, and the HOT if good. I'm guessing vertical IC. Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks

Reply to
George S