Infinity Spkr Questions?

I picked up a pair of Infinity SM112's at an estate sale this morning. They are in pretty civil shape but will have to refoam the woofers and already have new foam ordered. I hooked them up briefly and they sound fine despite the one woofer that has the damaged foam. I will also have to do something with one tweeter that has a damaged foam dust cover and doubt I will find an exact replacement.

My question is, would there be anything wrong with just using a piece of flat thin foam similar to what the domed cover was made of or maybe a loose weave fabric??? Any of you speaker gurus have any thoughts? RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

The materials used for speakers are designed to have precise matched acoustic properties. You should send the speaker drivers out to have them rebuilt or to order new drivers from the manufacture rep.

If you want to go the cheap way, look on the net and find a place that sells the foam kits for the speakers. These can be tricky to properly install.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Reply to