Magnavox TV-Model HD2763 Chassis 27Y100-00AA

Consistent loss of horizontal sync-can't find any adjustment on chassis related to horizontal other than centering. Anyone have a clue? Thanx!!

Reply to
amaverik

Bill S.

I think an electrolytic cap needs to be replaced. I believe it was C432. It is located by the back of the chassis to the right. If this isn't the problem, and this set has black and white pip, there is a 4v electrolytic in the pip pack which needs to be replaced. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Thanks for he response!! Having been "under the weather" I haven't been able to work on the problem again but thanks again!

Reply to
amaverik

Thank you very much for responding!! Having been "under the weather" I haven't been able to work on it yet but hopefully will be able to soon. Thanks again!

Reply to
amaverik

Replaced C432 and the problem appears to be fixed. Thanks very much for helping me out!

Reply to
amaverik

Glad to help out. I wasn't sure of the capacitor number because I have been out of the television repair business for over 5 years. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Do you the values of R504 and R524? The markings are gone and C432 is bad. The circuit board looks overheated under all three components.

--
Dartattack
Reply to

7.5K 2W. They are flameproof metal film resistors, and usually continue to work fine even after burning off the marking ink. Crystallized solder joints probably need re-done, though.
Reply to
Bill S.

Is that same 7.5K used in the Model CS4727? If so thanks.

--
Dartattack
Reply to

Damfino, that model number doesn't come up in my model list. They used that setup in a lot of models with varying resistor values depending on how hard they wanted to whack the HOT base.

Reply to
Bill S.

Well it looks like C432 was only problem . Decided to try and fire tv up after replacing the 100uF cap and Tv looks and works great. Thanks for the tips. But I still wish I had a schematic for the 27y100-00AA chassis.Sounds like a common problem on a lot of magnavox sets.

Greg

Here's a link to a pic of an Identical Tv on ebay in case you were wondering if the model number was wrong

Dartattack
Reply to
Dartattack