Horizontal size on old 14" monitor

I have an old 14" VGA monitor that I would like to use as a backup. The model is CM1448M. Anyway, it's just your standard 1024x768 monitor, long before the days of service menus.

There's a vertical size adjustment, but no horizontal size or width adjustment, and the picture is scrunched up horizontally. There is a horizontal phase adjustment that moves the picture from right to left, and a horizontal hold adjustment, but nothing to expand it.

I've also looked inside, and find no pot with the magic words next to it. Can anyone suggest how I might solve this problem? If I'm SOL on any monitor adjustment, is there any display setting that might help? It's an Intel 810 integrated video mobo.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Peabody

You might try different resolutions and lower frequencies.. Say 800x600

60hz.. Sometimes the older monitors only dispaly correctly at certain frequency / resolution combinations... Maybe that will work for you..
Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Are you sure it can do 1024x768? Most old 14" monitors can't do this, or if they can 60Hz is the limit. 800x600, or 1024x768 interlaced might work. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe