Magnavox TV 20MS2331/17 Shuts Off 11 Seconds After Turned On

Hi,

This Magnavox TV model 20MS2331/17 (mfg. June 2004) came into my shop. Note: I do not have a S.M. for this model.

The TV will turn on. A moment after the picture comes on and you hear sound, the TV turns off. I checked the regulated B+ source for the horizontal output circuit and it measures +94.8V. Without the S.M., I don't know if this voltage is normal.

Do you have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Brad: Go to this area of my website where I have uploaded a .jpg of a schematic section of your set which may help you. Scroll around until you find a red circled area of a part to check. Good luck!

Robert McPherson

Reply to
rm502

Hi Robert,

I tried three times, but failed to bring up your web page. Note: I use Netscape 7.0 for my browser.

PLEASE tell me what that part ID number is.

Thanks in advance, Brad

PS, I will post an "update" if I repair this TV

Reply to
Brad

Brad: My service provider was having some problems earlier. Try this link again

(You MUST use the FULL link)

If you still have a problem, send me your Email address to snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net and I will send you an Email direct to you with the attached file.

OR Call me at (502) 367-9324 or (502) 298-6997

Robert McPherson

Reply to
rm502

Hi Robert,

This model TV doesn't have the part you circled on the schematic. The schematic at your site is for a model 20MS233S. Besides, the symptom is different ("pop" at plug in).

Brad

Reply to
Brad