Low output signal on analog synth

Anyone here have any idea how to diagnose and fix an analog keyboard with a low signal output that's only coming through in one channel? Is there an internal amplifier? Is it just the jack?

thanks!

Reply to
David Dunnett

Does it have a headphone jack, and if so, same symptom with phones?

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

no headphone jack. but i did listen through headphones and had the same problem.

Reply to
David Dunnett

How did you listen via headphones w/o a jack? Didja hook 'em up to the line level outs? Might help to know the model unit we're talking about. Most analog keyboards I'm familiar with don't have built-in speaker drivers, but yours could.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

It's a Roland SH-2000 monosynth. My headphones have a quarter inch adapter so I just listened through line out (that's all there is).

I don't have an amp on hand right now, but the last time I hooked it up I needed to turn the volume WAY up to hear anything.

Reply to
David Dunnett

As this is a 70's synth, you may have some resistors that have increased way out of tolerance. Would be a good idea to check the electrolytic caps as well on a unit this old.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts