Need help with fixing my PC speaker

I took the front panel off my computer case yesterday to clean out all the dust. The little button speaker happened to be embedded in the panel, and the wires to the motherboard broke off of it. The two wires are attached to a little plate, which must have been glued onto the speaker. I looked at the patterns of the glue on the plate and the speaker, and I figured out how the plate should align with the speaker (the + wire matches up with one of the holes, and the - wire matches up with the other hole; the other side of the speaker says which hole is + and which is -). But after supergluing the plate back on and plugging it back into the motherboard, I didn't hear any beeps when booting up. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Here's a picture of the speaker and the plate, with arrows showing how I aligned the wires with the holes:

void.no.spam.com

BigJim

The little wires that go from the plate to the *inside* of the speaker broke off when the plate was ripped off and just gluing the plate back on won't reconnect them.

Buy a new speaker.

Reply to
David Maynard

Yeah...you ripped the soldered wires off the speaker. It's scrap. Buy a new one.

--
Conor,

Same shit, different day.
Reply to
Conor

You will need a new speaker. The wires had to have been ripped out of the main coil that is around the magnet.

--

JANA _____

Here's a picture of the speaker and the plate, with arrows showing how I aligned the wires with the holes:

JANA