How to normalize low frequency analog signals

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could go about normalizing various analog signals of different amplitudes? For example, I'd like the circuit to be able to convert both a 2mVpp sine wave and a 20mVpp sine wave to a 1Vpp sine wave.

I'm thinking I need some kind of voltage controlled amplifier that could dynamically change gain with respect to input signal...

any thoughts are much appreciated, Much thanks!

Reply to
Fibo

It is called automatic gain contol (AGC), Google for it.

For a more detailed answer, we need more information of your signal and its changes.

--

-TV
Reply to

How much money can I spend? What frequency? You can make an AGC with an analog multiplier, rectifier and integrator. Here's one.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks, I've been googling voltage controlled amplifier... but googling AGC is giving me a lot better results! And thanks for the link

Reply to
Fibo