Long cable runs stress video circuitry?

I use a 30ft component video cable to connect my DVD player to my
projector.  Would this cause undue stress/load on the video circuitry
in the DVD player?

I have had a LOT of DVD players go glitchy on me, and am wondering if
their cheap/weak power supplies aren't up to the task.

Thanks.

Re: Long cable runs stress video circuitry?

No.

Cheap is cheap.

Re: Long cable runs stress video circuitry?
Absolutly not.  the video curcuit does not care how long the wire is ,
you might , however. meaning you might get a crapy picture, but I doupt
it.  many industrial setups use a lot longer feed and have no problems
If your DVD player go flakey  it is because todays dvd unit are crap.

Site Timeline