Converting Component Video to S-Video

I have a CRT TV, eight years old, which has provision for S-Video input. I have a Yamaha surround-sound amp which I use to switch, amongst other things, the video signal from DVD, STB, analogue TV and VCR. The Yamaha has provision for component output but not for S-Video output. Is there some kind of cable, bolt-on converter or such that will convert the component signal, with its three cables, to the single S-Video cable? The TV and the Yamaha both have composite (red white yellow) but I believe that S-Video input to the TV is perceptibly better. If I connect the DVD directly to the TV using S-Video, the picture is certainly better than when I connect the DVD directly to the TV using composite. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Reply to
L.A.T.

You can get a video down-converter to do this, but they aren't that popular so prices are generally high, like this one:

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks for that. I guess the small amount of TV that I watch is not worth that much money.

Reply to
L.A.T.

I have bought from svideo.com and they are great. Email them for any questions if you want.

Reply to
JA