KYORITSU FET-VOM K-200. How to set BIAS?

Hi... I have an old KYORITSU K-200 FET VOM. I would like to align it the proper w ay. I have found the DC-cal and AC-cal. And those calibration isn't that ha rd to understand. But there is a cal called BIAS (VR 4). Is there someone w ho knows how to set the BIAS. I have set the BIAS-cal in mid position, and the instrument seems to work allright.

Best regards from SWEDEN Bo-Lennart Karlsson

Reply to
Bo-Lennart

Den onsdag 15 januari 2020 kl. 22:16:54 UTC+1 skrev Bo-Lennart:

way. I have found the DC-cal and AC-cal. And those calibration isn't that hard to understand. But there is a cal called BIAS (VR 4). Is there someone who knows how to set the BIAS. I have set the BIAS-cal in mid position, an d the instrument seems to work allright.

Reply to
Bo-Lennart

Den onsdag 15 januari 2020 kl. 22:16:54 UTC+1 skrev Bo-Lennart:

way. I have found the DC-cal and AC-cal. And those calibration isn't that hard to understand. But there is a cal called BIAS (VR 4). Is there someone who knows how to set the BIAS. I have set the BIAS-cal in mid position, an d the instrument seems to work allright.

Hi Trevor....thank's for Your reply. But I have already downloaded that ope rating manual. But it dosen't say anything about how to align the instrumen t. What I mean is: At what range should I adjust the DC-cal and AC-cal? And there is a variabel C in the voltage-divider. At what frequency should I a djust that? 1 kHz or 10 kHz???. And finally, how should I adjust the BIAS-c al. I understand that BIAS-cal is for to make the 2 FET more matched. The instrument works pretty well. The linearity is pretty good. But I would like to see if I can get it better. Thanks anyway. I keep looking around to see if I can get any adjustment pro cedure.

// Bo-Lennart Karlsson Falun, SWEDEN

Reply to
Bo-Lennart

Den onsdag 15 januari 2020 kl. 22:16:54 UTC+1 skrev Bo-Lennart:

way. I have found the DC-cal and AC-cal. And those calibration isn't that hard to understand. But there is a cal called BIAS (VR 4). Is there someone who knows how to set the BIAS. I have set the BIAS-cal in mid position, an d the instrument seems to work allright.

I searched a forum, that say that BK Precision had a licens to make a simil ar instrument like K-200. BK Precision called it "BK Precision Solid State

179 FET-VOM". Is there someone who has a Service Manual including a adjustm ent procedure? I would appriciate if You couls share it with me.

Best regards Bo-Lennart Karlsson Falun, SWEDEN

Reply to
Bo-Lennart