Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Siemens Symphony Magnetom 1.5T MRI 2004

Medrad Spectris Solaris Injector 3004213 11384

Series 23449 Software NUMARIS/4 Version syngo MR A40 DHHS Software COEM VD31H Syngo Vx91C SL02P08 N4_VA40A_LATEST_20130302 N4 SECURITY_UPDATE_0024_20140505 N4_VA40A_FEATURE_20130302_SP01_F10 N4_VA40A_FEATURE_201130302_OU2_F2 MR_MR018-17S_N4SeU0028 MR_MR023-17-R_N4SecU0029 Cryo 44% Coldhead

And:

Siemens Primus LINAC 2002 3413

Low Photon Energy MV 6 Dose Rate MU/min 50&300 High Photon Energy MV 10,15,23 Dose Rate MU/min 10,15,23 Electron Energy MeV 6 to 21 Electron Dose Rate MU/min 300 or 900 Available with MLC Optional Minimum Room Dimensions: Depth 19' Width 18' Height 9'6" Power Requirements KVA 9'6" Water Requirements Gal/min 9'6"

The MRI is fully operational and with all supporting equipment. The LINAC is not operational and would either be for parts or for full refu rbishment.

The MRI Machine is on the third floor of a medical office building in Cente r City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and would have to be craned out thro ugh an outside wall. All costs for same would be by the taker, who (which) would have to be fully insured, licensed in Philadelphia, and bear all cost s of disassembly, removal, and restoration of building integrity. There wou ld be no direct costs for the machine or supporting equipment.

The LINAC machine is on the first floor of the same building, and subject t o the same requirements for removal - whatever means and methods and restor ation on the remover.

Please e-mail me directly. Either we get this done before 1/31/2020, or the machines both go out as scrap. Not kidding. Even a little bit.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

furbishment.

ter City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and would have to be craned out th rough an outside wall. All costs for same would be by the taker, who (which ) would have to be fully insured, licensed in Philadelphia, and bear all co sts of disassembly, removal, and restoration of building integrity. There w ould be no direct costs for the machine or supporting equipment.

to the same requirements for removal - whatever means and methods and rest oration on the remover.

he machines both go out as scrap. Not kidding. Even a little bit.

None of the used equipment companies want them? MRI machines have very nice Dc to several MHz low distortion power amplifiers. I've heard of some in t he 15 KW range. Some were modified Crown amplifiers.

Since this is older, does it have any of the Tektronix video displays> I've seen some medical equipment that used the half rack X-Y monitors that fit the rack mounts for Waveform Monitors and Vector scopes. The old Waterman h ospital in Eustis Florida had sold the equipment to a dealer, then left it outside in the rain for two weeks. It had a nice pair of Tek 620 X-Y monito rs. They would have made great displays for Curve Tracers.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

The issue is getting them out of their present locations. The used-equipment guys do not want to take on the liability of swinging a 30,000 + pound piece of equipment out of a third-floor via a hole-in-the-wall.

The displays are all high-res 1040p screens with some additional software-based enhancements. These units were in daily use until about mid-November.

At this point, we are speaking to several non-profits, and even a couple of embassies for smaller (and poorer) countries.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

ent guys do not want to take on the liability of swinging a 30,000 + pound piece of equipment out of a third-floor via a hole-in-the-wall.

-based enhancements. These units were in daily use until about mid-November .

of embassies for smaller (and poorer) countries.

Good luck finding a new home for them. At one time I had to do certified de struction on a tractor trailer load of medical equipment. It arrived with a 1/4" hole drilled through the main circuit board of every unit. The amount of waste was disgusting. All we recovered were motors, displays and small parts. The circuit boards were required to be shipped to a gold processor t o be burnt for recovery. I could see this, if the equipment had been recall ed as defective, but 95% of it was less than two years old.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 11:40:47 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: \

That would be great if it could be repurposed in that way.

Reply to
John-Del

That's very charitable of you. Here are four charities that identify and distribute medical equipment:

1 Med-Eq 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 2 Project C.U.R.E. 10377 E Geddes Ave Ste. 200, Centennial, CO 80112 3 Not Just Tourists 240 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 1L3, Canada 4 Medshare 701 Penhorn Ave, Secaucus, NJ 07094
Reply to
bruce2bowser

Thank you - none of which want an MRI "on the hoof" as it were. Nor does the UN or Doctors without Borders.

But we do have a local non-profit MRI provider looking.

Thanks again!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Can you bring it to Kutztown next show Peter?

Heheh...

Reply to
John-Del

No dismantling it ?

Reply to
Jeff Urban

Minimum 30,000 pounds, dry weight. This is less the bed, controls, and support accessories. The magnet must be immersed in liquid helium at all times, even when unpowered, unless the unit is to be decommissioned.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

unpowered, unless the unit is to be decommissioned.

Does the helium vessel have a L N2 outer jacket like the dewars that we had our helium delivered in to the physics lab, and thus requiring an on-going supply of both (liquified) gasses?

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Transportation and storage as above.

Liquid helium is considered a super-fluid inasmuch as it climbs walls and will go through molecular-size openings.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

That is if you reduce the pressure by pumping until the temperature

I remember doing this and seeing the helium stop boiling energetically and go unnaturally calm. It was still boiling, of course, because heat was still leaking in...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Helium will leak even in its gaseous state. Metalized Mylar balloons last m uch longer than latex, but they still fail far more quickly filled with hel ium than with air. The helium diffuses right through the material.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Hence the need for a helium leak detector mass spectrometer. Anyone with this piece of equipment NEEDS a HLDMS to go with it.

--

No deal? No problem! :-D
Reply to