JVC AV-29SX1EK, Lost RED and GREEN

Hello, I have a JVC AV-29SX1EK with a blue picture. Picture and sound are fine excepy there is no Red or Green. Anyone got any tips where to start looking? I have the service manual, but need some start points.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

Reply to
Michael

Start at the picture tube cathodes and work your way back from there.

Reply to
dkuhajda

These sets generally don't have many faults in the picture processing but the subsequent models had a lot of trouble with faulty tube guns in the Philips tubes they use.

Its possible there is a short keeping the blue gun from cutting off and hence throwing the balance to lose red & green.

Try tapping the neck of the tube whilst its running... use your judgement about how strong- so as not to break the glass!! This may clear the fault either temporarily / permanently.

Beyond that you'll just have to scope the drives to see if there is an electronic fault.

regards AW

Reply to
Cliff Top

thanks- i'll let you know how I get on.