JVC 36" TV AV-36260 Flashing On Timer

Hi All,

I have the service manual for this TV and it indicates that the that the flashing "On Timer" indicates that the over-current protecter has kicked in. The unit does this a few seconds after plugging it in.

Question: Does anyone here have access to JVC bulletins and is there one for this problem? I'm looking for the most likely cause - I'm assuming that it's somewhere in the power supply section, maybe a bad cap?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
harte.jim

SMPS fault..Needs trouble shooting ...Simple job.

Reply to
kip

The post below you isn't much help, is it? It could be the "very common" 1000 uf cap @ 50 volts in the power supply, or the "very common" bad vertical IC, capacitors, & maybe a resistor, & or doide from the flyback secondary. And it's not an easy PWM power supply fix. I talked to a Tech rep from JVC, & had already done all he said to do, except unhook the over voltage circuit to locate why the unit I have like yours that still shuts off just as it gets a perfect pix, & sound. I did the "common" PWM repair as per the JVC site, & it still goes dead. The guy couldn't tell me where to safely unhook the overvoltage circuit while not further damaging the T.V. Hope i'm actually of some help to you. That's why we are all here. Dani.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
ronoster

Hi, it's dani again. Just got this off the JVC site:

Dead: Symbol Number: IC701 Part Name: JUNGLE IC

Dead after power surge: Part Number:MTZJ9.1B-T2 Symbol Number:D945 Part Name:ZENER Cause:D945, Q951, and IC701 shorted. Cure:Replaced D945, and Q951 relay drive transistor; also IC701 microcomputer IC.

Reply to
Dani

Looks like it could be many things!

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

JVC AV36260

Dead - On Timer Light Flashes

Tv Doctor T.O Ca.

Replace Eeprom Ic702

JVC AV36260

Dead - Timer Light Flashes

Dan Mead, Roseburg Electronics

Check H Vcc At Pin 36 Of Ic101 For 9v. Found 2.6v. Checked Cathode Of D933 For 12v Was Down To 4.4v. Replaced C933 1000mfd/16v And C938 470mfd/16v.

JVC AV36260

Dead / Timer Light Flashing Only

Atv

Replaced F905, Ic911 Strg6624, And D917 30v Zener. That Repaired Mine But You May Check R915 6.8 Ohm, D912 And D913 That Are Also In The Circuit And Could Possibly Go Bad Too.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@snet.net
========================

 wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have the service manual for this TV and it indicates that the that
> the flashing "On Timer" indicates that the over-current protecter has
> kicked in.  The unit does this a few seconds after  plugging it in.
>
> Question: Does anyone here have access to JVC bulletins and is there
> one for this problem?  I'm looking for the most likely cause - I'm
> assuming that it's somewhere in the power supply section, maybe a bad
> cap?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

When you do the JVC sets that is hit by surge (any type of surges) that uses this STRF-6566 (I think). There are three SMD digital transistors that is not easily tested, change them all! These are DTCxxx. When I first started, that what was big trouble at first 3 years ago. Once I knew what to look for first, I changed these digital switch transistors first and chase rest of problems down and things is gravy after that.

By the way, many JVC different chassis some use digital switch transistors some do not.

Reason you have to do this is these digital transistor switches has resistor network built into transistor itself and isn't easily tested directly.

Change these: Q944, Q927 and Q928 part number: DTC124EKA-X.

Google this part number for PDF datasheet and you will see why this is big troublemaker when TV suffered surge hit.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

We have a winner!

I checked the voltage at the D933 diode and got 4.4v (12v is normal). I replaced the 1000uf and 470uf caps and it's alive! (though I think only the 1000uf cap was bad - it barely moved the needle on my ohmmeter).

Thanks to all that replied!

Shorel> Looks like it could be many things!

Reply to
Jim