NO VERTICAL DEFLECTION

Hello!

I own a Philips 28PT532A TV and it is not working properly. A white horizontal line appears in the screen, I suppose is something related to the vertical scan but I don=B4t know how to fix it. Some idea?

Thank You

Reply to
iosuesparza

iosuesparza: You should go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, plan to spend some search time looking over the wealth of information relating to television troubleshooting and repair proceedures. If, after reading through the repairfaq, you are still not certain how to proceed with your television repair, you should probably TAKE it to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with fact instead of internet guesses. electricitym

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

Also check to see if there's a service/normal switch. Sometimes it's on the CRT board others near the HV on the motherboard. If this switch is on "service" the display will be a thin horizontal line. Just had this on a Sanyo that I replaced the Vert scan IC on. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

It's probably (but not definitely) a blown vertical output IC (follow the wires from the yoke on the CRT to the circuit board) or a coupling capacitor to the yoke (not all TVs have that cap. If you change this chip, change the electrolytic capacitors around it as well.

Reply to
manny