JVC Tv will work for just abt 10 seconds.

Please good pals, l'm working on a JVC color Tv Pal system. The problem is that on powering this set will work for just abt 10 to

15 seconds and will go off then the timer on light will show as if the timer off has been set. the tube does not light up of course due to the short duration but a test on the hi voltage (flyback) side shows everything is working but... What might be the problem? I'm suspecting the u-com. can that be? I also gathered the set was left for the kids to watch when this fault came about. Any suggestion is welcome Thanks
Reply to
fynnashba

Most likely something is pulling too much current, and thus causing the power supply to go in to protection. Also, if the tube is getting weak, the protection can turn the set off.

--

Jerry G.

Please good pals, l'm working on a JVC color Tv Pal system. The problem is that on powering this set will work for just abt 10 to

15 seconds and will go off then the timer on light will show as if the timer off has been set. the tube does not light up of course due to the short duration but a test on the hi voltage (flyback) side shows everything is working but... What might be the problem? I'm suspecting the u-com. can that be? I also gathered the set was left for the kids to watch when this fault came about. Any suggestion is welcome Thanks
Reply to
Jerry G.

Model number is essential really, and chassis type is also helpful.

No picture after 10 - 15 seconds? That's a long time unless this is a very old set.

Is there EHT building up before it shuts down?

Reply to
Insomniac