Small audio amp advice

For a friend who is at presently building a full body lion costume i am looking into a way to make the lion roar. What i will need is an amp and speaker as small as possible but with a high carrying range/distance. Only mono suits the purpose. Anything that we could build as compact as possible and that can be powered off a small 12V dry battery? Suggestions welcome.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Bart Bervoets wrote: : For a friend who is at presently building a full body lion : costume i am looking into a way to make the lion roar. : What i will need is an amp and speaker as small as : possible but with a high carrying range/distance. : Only mono suits the purpose. : Anything that we could build as compact as possible : and that can be powered off a small 12V dry battery? : Suggestions welcome.

: Bart Bervoets

Any of the class D amp chips/modules should work. Googling gainclone will provide a lot of info on National's line of chips. The hard part will be finding a speaker that is small and still able to produce the sound level you want.

Reply to
kmy