Information Unlimited dealings?

Anyone here have difficulty dealing with this firm? I ordered parts from them to build a kit, but the remainder of the parts needed are outdated. I contacted them, but they take forever to respond and said they would refund but that's been well over a month ago. Anyone know how to get them moving?

Reply to
KDKA2

ts

said

now

If paid by credit card challenge the charge as "Goods not as advertised".

If PayPal complain to PayPal...

and so on...

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Tell them that you will expose them in a world-wide-popular electronics forum.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Strange, because you don't visit EEVblog.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

** That is not near as silly as it sounds.

Cos it actually happened to me, about 13 year ago - after I posted a fairly innocent complaint on usenet about a circuit idea published in an Australi an magazine called "Silicon Chip".

Little did I know I was being watched.

Soon got a red hot phone call from the magazine with thinly veiled treats f ollowed up by a letter from a Sydney based lawyer with an American sounding name and writing style: Lynden E. Hooper. It demanded a formal apology in the next 7 days posted on the same forum.

The letter spoke of "defamation act" plus "Chat room" and fair had me in st iches when I read it.

So I whipped off a reply of about 250 words, written in the style of Jed Cl ampet of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Never heard a thing back.....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Is that like "the dance of the seven veils"? ;-)

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

The only thing dubious about your story is the "fairly innocent" part.

That is not within your repertoire.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

rts from them

? I

efund

em moving?

".

A few years back I ordered a DVD from an outfit in Spain. The DVD was due to be officially released a month or two later. However the company lead me to believe they had it in stock. I paid with PayPal. Time passed and after they didn 't deliver I filed a complaint with PayPal.

They quickly refunded my money. A month of so later they shipped me the D VD for free. Didn't really matter then as I had found it it on a binary group. I f curious, it was by Paco de Lucia.

Years earlier I had purchased a service of some sort, I can't recall, as a one shot deal. They subscribed me to a monthly renewal auto pay. I complained and ask them if I needed to talk to PayPal. They replied, "Oh no! We'll cance l your sub."

Reply to
gray_wolf

nyone

d".

We were scammed out of $4000USD by a customer via PayPal back in 2006 - so it isn't all good news...

John :-#(#

Reply to
John Robertson

refund

them moving?

ed".

due to

me to

r they

e DVD

roup. If

as a one

ned and

ncel

so it

I've hear some horror tales about them too. Frozen accounts for months. I'd never allow them to hold my money.

Reply to
gray_wolf