identify part

hi, like others here have said, i don't know a thing about electronics. hoping to ask here for help. i de-potted an electronic fluorescent lamp ballast. accidentally broke off one of the components. hoping someone can tell me what it is and where to get a replacement. i uploaded a (enlarged) picture of it at

William Wixon

perhaps?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

GPG

thanks Homer and GPG.

turns out i broke another component.

don't know if it'll be possible to identify it from only half.

(i CAREFULLY packed both halves in a sealed container, brought it inside the house from my shop to scan (magnify) it, and when i opened the container there was only ONE half in it. sucks! have no idea where it went or how it got lost. the little wires sticking out are magnetic and i went all over the shop and my room here with a magnet but still couldn't find the other half. is it possible to identify it by only just seeing half?!) (some of the components have some identifying marks on the printed circuit board, there is, what i think says "D103" in the vicinity of where this thing went but it's kinda so far away i'm not sure if it is or is not referring to this part) (i think that black on the end WAS a black stripe that went all the way around it, not sure though)

thanks again.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

Some sort of diode - maybe a diac? At this point I'd give up.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson