Ice Maker switch

I have a Whirlpool Estate series refrigerator with ice maker. The ice maker makes ice, but it no longer dispenses it. I can tell that the switch is not activated when the ice release lever is pressed. I also can't see how to get to the circuitry inside the freezer door, which is where I assume it is. Any help on either diagnosing the problem or getting the cover off the circuitry would be appreciated.

GMan

Reply to
Gman

Remove the icemaker and thaw it out. If ice is jammed in the wrong spot, it can keep it from dispensing.

Gman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

check for a schematic on the back of the machine. Some of these have temp sensors. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty