Nissan Radio Swap out problem

I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up, just no audio.

Thanks Chad

Reply to
boese.c

the extra plug may have been the EQ or possibly a remote mounted amp plug, it most likely has multiple connections in it.

Reply to
Jamie

JR North

All the plugs are the same, all the mountig brackets are the same.

Reply to
boese.c

In many cars they will.

Reply to
James Sweet

Some cars have controls on the steering wheel to control the radio. This extra plug may be for that or for an optional external amp.

Reply to
Hoser1510

The best thing to do would be to find a 2001 with the same radio and have a look, it's possible a service manual might show it as well.

Reply to
James Sweet