I need to find a mirror for a Sony Projection tv

Hi guys, I am having trouble finding a replacement mirror for a Sony model number KP-46C36 rear projection tv. Can somebody help me with this. Can I go to a local glass shop and get a mirror cut, or does anyone have anywhere where I can get a mirror. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
jakeman21

any first surface good grade commercial mirror will do.

make sure the reflective surface of the mirror is NOT seen thru the thickness of the glass.

it may be prudent to spray with a light coat of good grade acrylic clear also, to prevent any unexpected corrosion from moisture or other contaminants

or try ebay, they have tons of guys with these parts or surplus

Reply to
<hapticz

Have you tried Sony? They've been pretty good for parts when I needed things. You'll need a front surface mirror, but other than that there isn't anything special about it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Talk to some of the larger retailers that take them in on trade and theen they go to the dumpster.. I've seen many in Tulsa and even salvaged a few lense!

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

The only problem i am having is finding the dimensions of the mirror. How can I do this? Does anyone have one, if so can they give me the dimensions of the mirror? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
jakeman21

Measure the hole?

jak