Disassemble induction motor??

I have an old 1/4 HP GE split-phase 1725 RPM induction motor (GE

5KH32EG) with internal switch for start winding. In order to remove bearing end cap on terminal end, plate on motor states "remove shaft clip by releasing locking tab" I don't see any locking tab or shaft clip, but the end cap is definitely clipped to the armature. No "hole" to insert a wire probe. There is a rubber isolation mount over the end cap bearing but it doesn't want to move without tearing. I cannot remove the armature from the other end because of the centrifugal switch.

Motor shops are closed today (Sun). Anyone know how to "release locking tab" to get the end cap off the armature?

Reply to
hank