sony kv27ts26 need to auto program, no button on tv ,no OEM. remote

The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add or auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past channel

61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?
Reply to
rafterdog

You need to buy an original factory remote for your set. Most all the new sets are like that.

--

Jerry G.

61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?
Reply to
Jerry G.

JR North

Buy a universal remote that will access the TV's menu.

or

channel

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

Not all universal remotes will do the menu feature. You would need to find one that is compatable to that model of tv that you have in order to get the menu to work for it. It is like RCA tv`s and RCA universal remotes. They may operate the tv but it wouldn`t let you do all the features like the original remote that came with the set did. So you are better off trying to locate the original remote for that set.

Reply to
tvguy

Thanks guys,Less then 24 hrs and I got answers! Spent 2 days o-line looking for same.Hope I can help out sometime!!!!!!!!!! Rafterdog

Reply to
rafterdog

While this is true for this set, it is not for MOST sets. In fact, Jerry, the vast majority of sets can be reprogrammed with a universal or some form of replacement remote because they access these functions through the menus, which can usually be done with the rather generic button layouts on many programmmable remotes. The old sony sets with a specific button for some functions are an exception, not typical of "most all of the new sets."

1-800-REMOTES might have it, or maybe someone has loaded the IR signature to a learning remote with a computer interface like a Pronto, Harmony, or Universal. You might try remotecentral.com.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Goto this website :

Click on the remotes link

The Moteva remote # RC-1003 should work OK. It has the Auto Program button ( Which may or may not work....but more important the ADD & ERASE buttons which should enable to manual add & delete channels.

All for a whopping $10.99

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

THANKS to every one for the help!! RAFTERDOG

Reply to
rafterdog