Akai CTK146 TV: use without remote?

Just wondering if it's possible to change channel and adjust volume on this set without a remote.

The set has a band button, but pressing this (and others) doesn't seem to do much. There are also volume and Picture Hi Speed buttons, but these don't do anything - not even a menu.

When first turned on the set wasn't tuned to any channel. Turning it on and off several times got it onto Channel 10, where it's stayed ever since.

I could get a universal remote, but since the set cost nothing, I don't want to if I can help it!

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter Parker