How is Visio Service?

I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD. I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is. Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

Reply to
galsaba

If you believe Consumer Reports, flat-panel TVs, LCD or plasma, regardless of brank, are surprisingly reliable.

I'd recommend purchasing your Visio from Costco, as they (I believe) offer an extended warranty.

I know I didn't answer your question. But it appears that the odds of having a defective, irrepairable set are small.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

It's Vizeo. They're a low end brand, but I haven't come across a dead one yet, LCDs tend to hold up pretty well. As for service, this sort of thing is rarely even serviced, when it is, it's just board swapping.

Reply to
James Sweet

I have the same size Vizio and have had it nearly a year. I thought the sound was a bit raspy in some situations. I called Vizio (it was about 4 months old at the time). The guy I talked too asked some intelligent questions and decided to replace the speakers AND the sound board. They arranged for a local service man to do the job. He was not from a TV repair shop and I gathered that he did more commercial projects than residential.

Vizio had FedExed the part. After the repair was done it still sounded the same with the new parts. My guess is that it is frequency response issue and I wish I could see how a good sharp wave form is reproduced. I venture that it would have some overshoot on fast risetimes. Then again I could be wrong.

At any rate, the picture is OK. Since it is a stand alone and I cannot compare it to other brands, I'm happy with it. It can't be beat for the price.

The owner's manual is the best I have ever seen in consumer electronics.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

No, it's Vizio.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Reply to
UCLAN

Oops, shoot, I've got one right in front of me too, always embarrassing to make a typo correcting a typo, oh well.

Reply to
James Sweet

Vizio, the stores around here have them, and I see them in the Wal Mart stores when I push my cart around in the electronics department. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

We fix (and sell) lots of flat panels, and Vizio, Syntax (Olevia) and Philips are the worst for repairs that we see. Parts are expensive and difficult to get. Put a gun to my head, and I'd take the Vizio over the Olevia, but the Sony Bravia, Panasonics, Hitachis, and Toshibas have been the most reliable (and the cost reflects this).

Edwin

Reply to
str00ntz

We fix (and sell) lots of flat panels, and Vizio, Syntax (Olevia) and Philips are the worst for repairs that we see. Parts are expensive and difficult to get. Put a gun to my head, and I'd take the Vizio over the Olevia, but the Sony Bravia, Panasonics, Hitachis, and Toshibas have been the most reliable (and the cost reflects this).

Edwin

Reply to
str00ntz

I sell more Vizio TV manuals on my site at

than all other brands of TV's combined.

That oughta tell you something.

snipped-for-privacy@justmanuals.com

Reply to
MrManuals

Buy something else thats a name brand. Interesting read.....

Deke

What the article neglects to mention is that -- if you believe Consumer Reports -- flat-panel TVs are unusually reliable, to the extent that CR doesn't publish a reliability chart.

If you're the sort of person who, like myself, prefers to buy something good and keep it, an inexpensive set might not be a good deal. On the other hand, the odds of it failing within the first few years seem to be very small.

You have to make the decision as to whether you want to save a lot of money versus the possibility of having a pile o' irreparable junk.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

In January 2007, I bought a new Toshiba 27'' CRT flat screen tv set.A few days later the tv set developed a little blob spot on the bottom left hand corner of the screen.I phoned the Cowboy Maloney's Electric City store where I had bought the tv set, they said bring it back to the store.They didn't have another tv set like that one in stock and I didn't want to come back home empty handed.I looked at the tv sets they had on display in the store.I bought a new Sony 27'' CRT Trinitron Wega tv set and I am glad I did.My Sony 27'' CRT tv set pulls in the best picture of any tv set I have ever seen before, tv set is still working perfectly.

I paid about $34.00 more/difference in price for my Sony tv set.I still prefer big heavy CRT tv sets and computer monitors.My computer monitor is a 22'' CRT NEC Multisync monitor.Maybe I am old fashioned, but I just don't care for thin screen solid state screens. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Curious.... how come?

Reply to
me

This has been gone over many, many times. To some of us, including myself, a high quality and properly adjusted CRT just looks better. LCD screens have a speckle effect to my eyes and do not appear smooth and natural like a CRT. On top of that, if you wish to display a non-native resolution, it will be scaled and display aliasing and other artifacts, there is no way around this as an LCD panel has a fixed grid of pixels so any image with a different resolution or aspect ratio must be cropped or scaled to display it. The color, tint, and brightness vary considerably with viewing angle. Some people can't seem to see these effects, I tried to point it out to a friend and he couldn't see what I was talking about but I can. I hope that some new display technology comes along before CRTs vanish entirely because they're clearly becoming a thing of the past.

Before anyone chimes in with "you must be using a cheap consumer LCD", I've used many LCDs, including some high end professional grade stuff, some look a lot better than others, but I've yet to see one that can stand up to a really good CRT in terms of image quality.

Reply to
James Sweet

My Vizio manul says the same thing, but when I called them, they sent someone to the house to fix it. Read my post above.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Hmm ... no returns ... all sales final ... no sample pages from any of the manuals ... No thanks.

Reply to
N. Morrow

Are you aware NI(national instrument) software went on sales lately? That's an indication that you dumass going down... Heehee......Halleluiah. Shame on you arrogant people.

Reply to
MooseFET

Yup 13 years old.

Reply to
MooseFET

Shut up pop, why are you not able to fill in the missing word? Because you're so dumb and stubborn. You want people to conform to your style.

Reply to
MooseFET