Ser_99mt.exe -Any Chance??

hello,

Ok, I have this NEC Multisync MT1040 projector and the colors are unaligned. According to the repair guild I should use the software to re-align them. The program to do it is called Ser_99mt.exe. So, Just curious if anyone has this. I know its a shot in the dark but I got the projector free and just want to fix the color problem. The colors have seperated so that if you look at an image the colors are "ghosting".

Better yet, If anyone has worked on these and knows a way to do it without the software.

Well, Thanks for any replies.

--
     Thanks,

           Coffee
Reply to
coffee

Coffee, The "mis-convergence" effect you describe sounds like someone "diddled" the optical block while they were fooling around inside that projo. I have not worked on that model, but on Sanyo LCD projectors, only mechanical adjustments correct for the misaligned LCD panels, polarizing filters, etc. I have the MT1040 .pdf service manual that describes the process but don't have any software. You need special tools and extention cables to realign the optical block. If the three images don't exactly overlap, it's not a software problem, it's a mechanical misalignment.

Ray

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Reply to

Ray,

Thanks so much for your input. This is the first projector that Ive really had an opportunity to mess with. Just thought if I could get it going it would make a good one.

Im sure this would cost alot to have someplace do it. Probably not worth it.

I guess sell it for parts?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

--
     coffee