eMachines 17" Monitor 1772ED - horizontal lines & shaking

Hi,

This is technically under warranty (made in June 2005), but wondering if it's something I can do, without the hassle of shipping, filling out forms and waiting. Color seems OK, just some shaking horizontal lines.

Degaussed it, but no change.

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
RichK

...addition... the monitor is eView 1713, but both numbers are on the back of the monitor...

Reply to
RichK

Why did you degauss it? That only cures a very specific fault, namely colour patches on the screen caused by a magnetised shadow mask or aperture grille.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by shaking horizontal lines. Have you tried moving the monitor to a different location? External magnetic influences such as TVs or power cables can cause the picture to 'wobble' if they're close enough.

Failing that, you need to return it for repair- there's no easy answers or magic spells.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Hi Dave,

colour

grille.

It's the only thing I could do with an outside button :-)

There are a multiple horizontal lines from edge to edge. Uneven distribution, but from top to bottom of screen. These lines shake.

You can see the desktop icons and colors seem to be fine. I've never seen sympthoms like these.

magnetic influences

Yes, moved it out at least 4 ft from any devices, like the PC or another monitor. No speakers around, etc. Clean environment magnetically.

Making progress on getting it replaced. In the end it may be less hassle than messing with it myslef, with only a VOM at my disposal :-)

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
RichK