hdtv Philips 32PF9631D Horizontal and Vertical Sync Rate

Hello, I'm using this LCD TV (aPhilips 32PF9631D) as a monitor (OS=Linux) For the moment I've got 1024x768 pixel resolution I wish to get a 16/9 format (1360x768). For that I need to know this caracteristics Vertical Sync Rate (minimum and maximum) Horizontal Sync Rate (minimum and maximum) Someone could help me to get those informations (Philips technical support is answerless) Cordialy eric

Reply to
tnf

Do you know the native resolution of the LCD panel? Set your computer to that resolution at 60Hz. That should work, assuming it supports being used as a PC monitor. I have seen some flat panel TVs that won't accept their native resolution. They only accept TV resolutions like 480p, 720p, and 1080i and scale it to fit the screen. If they do take a computer resolution, it's usually 640x480, 800x600, and

1024x768 stretched to fill the 16:9 screen. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Thank you for your help Andy It's exactly what happen to me the native resolution of the panel is

1360x768 and as a PC monitor I've got a full screen at 1024x768. It's why I'm looking for the vertical and horizontal sync rate to say to Xorg which modeline it has to use to display a 16:9 format even if the resolution is less than 1024X768 but something with a 16/9 format eric
Reply to
tnf