Sony MAVICA FD-92 Question...

I think I probably know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway and see what you guys have to say. Why is is that you can only record video for

15sec in 320x240 and 60sec in 180x???

Is it because it records the data to ram and then writes it to the flash? I can't understand why they couldn't buffer it with the ram and write to the flash as you go. Is there some firmware upgrade to allow this? I'd guess probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.. : )

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Hi Mike...

Flash isn't nearly fast enough to even think of keeping up, so you're limited to the size of the buffer.

Don't have a Sony; do have a bunch of Olympus's. They do a little more than your Sony does, but not much.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

It depends on the camera and type of flash memory used. My Panasonic will record video until the flash card is full. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Hi,

Yes the flash is quite slow and the buffer too small, my newer Sony will record until the memory stick is full but this function only works with the faster memory stick pro cards - naturally these cost more!!!!

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler