Horizontal scrolling bar from VCR

One of our VCRs cause a purplish horizontal scrolling bar, about 1/3 of the screen height on the TV. Scroll speed is about 2 seconds or so. Any idea what could cause this? Dirty heads?

Thanks, Lukas

Reply to
Lukas Louw

Q1: Is this happening all through the tape or just in one spot for a few seconds?? Q2: does this happen on ALL tapes or just tapes that you have home recorded???

- - - - - - - - - -

the

Reply to
Sofie

Circuit problem. Power supply capacitor(s) most likely.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

All tapes, and for full duration..

I'll open it up and check PSU caps as Mark had suggested.

Thanks, Lukas

Reply to
Lukas Louw