JVC Help Needed...

I've a JVC AV-48WP30 projection set on the bench with vertical stretched just a little, affecting CNN's scrolling text, that I need to resolve. I'm in the sevice menu with choices 1 thru 8 I believe? The values that come up with choice number 1 are not identified. Where do I find the vertical size parameter? Not familiar with this service menu, have done tons of RCA's and other intuitive menu's but not this coded one. Can you please help me? Cheers, Steve

Reply to
retrodepot

Please read the lower note below!!!

NEVER...NEVER...adjust the service menu, unless your'e sure the T.V. doesn't have an electronic problem...& it DOES!!! Check the small electrolytics near the vertical IC. Quite unlikely that the service menu is in need of alignment. Also, you could really fudge up the T.V., if you don't know what your'e at! Also, be VERY, VERY carefull not to totally kill the set by letting light hit the DVI Digital Input Module!!!

JVC AV-48WP30\IMPORTANT NOTICE BEFORE WORKING ON THIS SET. If you remove the rear cover while the power cord is live you will destroy all DVI programming inside the DVI Digital Input Module!\The only way to get this programming back into the unit is to send it to JVC that sends it to Japan\This module is mounted on the rear AV Jack Board and has a light sensor built in. When light is detected the module does a complete reset and erases the EEPROM\1. Prior to disassembly* unplug the power cord from the AC outlet without fail. 2. Short the SB connector pin 1 and pin 2 of the Digital Input Module.\3. Before the rear panel is inserted into the cabinet* release the short circuit on the SB connector. 4. After releasing the short circuit between the SB connector\do not turn the power on until the rear panel is inserted into the cabinet. 5. Negligence in carrying out the above steps may cause the inactivation of the TV\\\

Reply to
Dani

[...]

Guys guys guys, I'm very much aware of the DVI situation! I'm not even close to removing the rear panel. I've just replaced the convergence amps and need to adjust what's been an annoyance since day one. My client has lived with this prob since new! All I want is the vertical size parameter...please. I'm a competent tech and I just want to tweak ever so slightly. As for the caps near the vert out, been there, done that, thanks. Cheers, Steve

Reply to
retrodepot