Horizontal Bar

My RCA TV (which is quite old) recently started to act up. When you first power it on everything is fine, but after a short time the screen shrinks to a single horizontal bar at the center of the screen. This will not go away even if you turn the power of and then back on unless you leave it off for hours at a time. I would really like to be able to fix this if anyone has any ideas.

Reply to
Eagle0877

There are components, especially electrolytic capacitors in the vertical circuit area that have become thermo sensitive. I usually find these using freeze spray and a heat gun. After locating the ones that react to temperature shift, I replace them. If any parts fail permanently, then more complex troubleshooting will be require to service the set.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

Please give us a chasis # (usually starts with CTC then a number), that way you may get intelligent help. Since you said you had an OLD RCA TV try replacing the 6CG7 vertical oscillator tube.

Reply to
Hoser1510

number),

try