horizontal black lines on LG computer monitor

about 1 month ago I've notice few very little black spots on my LG L1710B monitor. Within couple of days it spread like a disease, and it still look like a fat horizontal line, spreading from one side to the other. This monitor is about 3 years old, so there is no more factory support, and I would like to hear some opinions about if I should try to repair it, or just leave it as it is and start saving for a new screen. I also have made some photo so I could mail it if anyone like to see it. It will explain much more. Thanx a lot.

Nenad Simsic

Reply to
nedd

Hi, Sounds like the panel drivers are failing. The good news is that replacement TFT's are available on Ebay fairly cheaply (I've seen bare panels for less than 60 UKP) and fitting them is fairly simple.

Also might be worth looking for a unit with a failed backlight you can salvage the tube assemblies from your unit.

-A

Reply to
testing_h