Monitor Goes Black - Opinion Needed

I have a flat screen monitor that I purchased about 6 months ago. About

3 weeks ago it started to go black like it was going into screen saver mode but comes out of it automatically within 3 seconds. This repats like every minute but seems to stop when I'm using the computer for more than a an hour. I checked all the cables and everything is plugged in securely. All monitor setting both on the monitor and computer appear ok. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Has anyone had this problem?
Reply to
cenorthamerica