vcr question

I have a zenith vr4206hf I need help with the cassette carriage whomever attempted to fix this before me never put the cassette tray gears back in place but just put them in a baggie would you happen to know the correct way the teeth on the gears are supposed to line up any help would be helpful.

Reply to
john ristad

There are marks on the gears, usually little arrows or holes that line up with each other. I hope you like puzzles.

way

Reply to
Michael Ware

I've been in this situation before.

One thing that has helped me on occasion has been to remove the carriage assembly completely, then run the machine through a couple of load/eject cycles (if possible), watching the driving gear(s) to see how they moved during eject and load. Sometimes this is easy to do, sometimes it involves bypassing some detection switches or fooling light sensors, sometimes the electronic interlocking used is too complex to be fooled into thinking the carriage assembly is there when it really isn't. Might be worth a little investigation, though. Cheers.

Reply to
Mr. Land